Skin care, Skin Care tips

Let’s Get Real With Dry Skin

Hello beauties, Winter is coming! The skin drying season is only a couple of days away, but we’re already experiencing its effects on our skin. Which is why I wanted to start this new series on dry skin types, to educate and share the best ways to keep your skin hydrated and healthy.

But before we do that, you need to understand that although some of us have dry skin, many of us actually suffer from dehydrated skin. Let me explain.

On my last post I  covered sebum, which is the production of oil in the sebaceous glands ( skin pores). I mentioned that when those glands over produce oils, you will experience what you know as oily skin. But what I didn’t tell you is when those skin pores don’t produce enough oil, then you will have what we call dry skin.

Dehydrated skin on the other hand is what you experience when the skin is exposed to harsh climates, like cold dry air or hot dry air. It’s when the skin lacks water. And in some cases, it can cause the skin to produce more oil. Which can lead you into thinking that you have oily skin.

This Allure article does a great job at explaining the difference between the two skin conditions.

It will be important to know if your skin is dry or dehydrated. And on the next posts in this series, I will go more in-depth on their differences. I will also share the products and techniques you can use to get that glow-y, hydrated skin.

Do you know your skin type? Comment below :). Thank you so much for reading. Don’t forget to also subscribe to the newsletter for more skincare tips.

xoxo

You may also like...

Popular Articles...

18 Comments

1. Thanks for the great advice 😉

1. closettostreet says:

Thanks, babe!
      xx

2. water is so essential!
    xx
    kali

1. closettostreet says:

That’s so true! Thank you
      xx

3. I have really dry skin and it sucks during the winter. There was a time that nothing would help and I thought my skin would crack (luckily it didn’t). Although my skin has improved, I’m still looking for the right products to use. I’ll definitely be looking into that Allure article. It was really insightful.

Darianne | dariannegrimball.com

1. closettostreet says:

Thank you so much, Darianne for reading! I will be sharing my pro tips to keep your skin hydrated during Winter for Monday. Stay tune for that.
      xx

4. Thank you so much for sharing this! My skin is the worst at the moment, it’s super dehydrated and oily at the same time 🙁 xx

1. closettostreet says:

You have dehydrated skin, Stay tune to find out my pro tips to get your skin hydrated.
      xx

5. Lisa Autumn says:

The perfect post babe.. I always have especially dry skin at this time of the year.

x Lisa | lisaautumn.com

1. closettostreet says:

Thanks, Lisa! I will share more tips to keep your skin hydrated.
      xx

6. Thanks for sharing! My skin is soo dry in winter
    x
    Kirsten Thyra | kirstenthyra.com

1. closettostreet says:

Thanks for reading, Kristen
      xx

7. Thanks for the well-timed advice.
    Aditi | Fancycorrectitude.com

1. closettostreet says:

Thank you!
      xx

8. I have dry skin and using oily moisturizers has saved me! I also avoid being rough on my skin with the bath towel.
    Thanks for sharing this info 🙂

1. closettostreet says:

Oils are great for skin, thanks, Yara!
      xx

9. Dry skin can be so frustrating, sometimes it makes me wake up at night and I have to moisturize
    Thanks for sharing
    Enjoy the festive season

New post

1. closettostreet says:

Thanks for reading, babe!
      xx